Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Living Room

I finally have my living room to a place where I'm pretty happy with everything.
Oh, and this morning it was clean!  So I decided to snap some shots.





I got a faux bamboo etagere! 
I had a credit with a local consignment store and it was marked 50% off (YES!).
It had been in the store for a long time and I'd been keeping my eye on it.
Instead of painting it gold like I had imagined, I decided to keep the original chrome.
LOVE LOVE LOVE


I covered this lampshade with a piece of remnant snakeskin fabric.
I think it turned out great!






I added some black greek key ribbon to the
 edges of my Pottery Barn curtain panels.  
(found it at Hancock's for $2.99/yard)









Decided to take a whirl at painting a small black and white abstract.
I think it took about 10 min. and I kind of like it!


More ribbon.





I glued some leopard print (more remnant) fabric over this frame.
Fun and free way to spruce things up.

Only thing I'd add would be some crab figurines to my collection....
Other than that, DONE! 



1 comment: